Last week we discovered the difference between our passions and our purpose and learnt how we can start taking action to discover which passions may reveal our purpose, this week the challenging questions we need to ask ourselves in order to find our purpose are revealed.
Step Three – Asking Challenging Questions
The quality of our questions determines the quality of our answers. Here are some soul searching questions, designed to help you uncover your calling in life. Don’t forget the last question, which is arguably the most important of all in revealing your purpose.
- What have I been passionate about in the past and why did I stop?
- What am I passionate about now?
- What activities have I always wanted to try? (HINT: Try them now – they may be your passion)
- What skills do I have?
- What do others say I’m good at?
- What do I want to inspire in others?
- How can I use my passion to help others?
If you find that most of the answers point to one passion, it’s likely that’s the passion at the root of your purpose. If you have several passions that you’re good at, choose the passion with the most inspiring contribution to society.
Stay tuned – next week we learn how to face your fears, one of the biggest obstacles to pursuing your purpose.
Did you find it hard to answer any of these questions? Were there some answers that weren’t what you expected? Please share your thoughts in the comments below to gain encouragement, insight and support from our community, we’d love to hear from you.
- Write down your answers to all of the questions above
- What one passion is revealed the most by your answers?
- Decide on a life purpose to pursue