Throughout my life it has been true to say that the more difficulty I faced, the more resilient I became. However, as I began to practice more personal development strategies in life I’ve also come to realize that I needn’t have waited for difficulty in order to develop more resilience – I realized that there are concrete things which we can all do to proactively cultivate more resilience in advance of when tough times hit.
Should you wish to cultivate more resilience in advance of facing difficulty here are my extra top tips that can’t be found anywhere else, including in my series posts on Mondays!
- Release built up tension at the end of the day by having a hot shower / bath with calming bubble bath / shower cream and chill out music
- Write down all the things you have to be grateful for (a sentence a day journal is a great way of doing this) – this will encourage you to appreciate your life more and give you a more balanced perspective when things go wrong
- Have a bucket list full of things that push you out of your comfort zone – this will mean you face your fears which will cultivate more inner strength
- Change plans every so often and do one random thing each weekend – this will increase your flexibility and adaptability, essential to successfully handling change
- Pick a friend who excels at cheerleading and be each others cheer buddy. Every time you have doubts about your ability to achieve your goals call each other – this will increase your self belief which makes you have more grit and persistence when tough times hit
- Set yourself a month long five a day challenge to eat the right amount of fruit and veg – this will boost your health and immune system so you are more able to manage stress
What top tips do you have to increase resilience? Do you do any of the above? Do you plan to try any of these out? Please share your thoughts in the comments below to gain encouragement, support and insight from our community, we’d love to hear from you.