In truth we all need self-discipline to do the things required of us as functioning adults. Budgeting, tax returns and cleaning are all tasks most people don’t enjoy but nevertheless need to do. These tasks require self-discipline. If, like me, you are highly driven and want to achieve more than most, then it will be no surprise that you will also need to develop more self-discipline than most too.
There are many people who could benefit from developing higher levels of self-discipline, here are just a few:
- Young adults who have only recently become independent.
- Business owners.
- People who want to achieve big things.
- People who procrastinate.
- People who watch excessive amounts of TV or play video games excessively.
- People who spend 100% of their time outside of work socialising to the extent that they neglect important tasks such as housework or paying bills.