Last week we explored the fears which can make our procrastination worse and examine how we can overcome them, this week we take a look at the many benefits of overcoming procrastination and will delve into some practical steps you can take to make procrastination a thing of the past.
The benefits of overcoming procrastination
Having lived most of my life as a chronic procrastinator I can testify to the benefits of overcoming procrastination. Take a look at the list below, do these stand out as significantly improving your quality of life? Would you like to see these same benefits in your life? Then read on…
- Living without dreading how you will do the things needed to manage life well
- Being confident in your ability to do difficult tasks
- Being confident in your ability to achieve goals
- Living in line with your ambitions
- Increasing your productivity
- Achieving goals!
- Being able to fulfill your promises to others
Now list all the things that you want to do that if you didn’t procrastinate you could achieve and keep it somewhere you will see it every day.
Now let’s get down to the nitty gritty of how we can overcome procrastination.