One of the best ways to tell if you are an authentic person is to look at what constitutes an authentic life, what authentic people generally don’t do and the questions to ask yourself which can reveal if you might benefit from being more authentic.
Authentic people generally do:
- Communicate their genuine feelings, thoughts, opinions and beliefs no matter who they are with
- Know their goals really well and avoid living by others goals for their lives
- Know what their own values are and what moral code they want to live by really well
- Prioritize what is important to them
- Are assertive and honest.. always, even to the extent of avoiding telling white lies (please read ‘Assertiveness: A Journey Worth Taking’ for a more in depth look into assertiveness)
Authentic people generally don’t: