When it comes to problem solving it’s very easy to say list the pros and cons but what do you do if you draw a blank and don’t know where to begin? Here are some questions to get you started…
Questions which will help reveal the pro’s and con’s:
- How easy is this solution?
- How fast is this solution?
- What resources would I need to execute this solution? Do I have everything I need to hand and if not could I source what I need?
- How practical is this solution?
- If executed well, is this solution very effective?
- What could go wrong? How likely is it that something may go wrong?
- What are the odds of this solution working well overall?
- Do I have any relevant experience which would benefit my executing this solution now?
- Does the solution rely on anyone else to work? If so how reliable are the individuals in question?
- Does the solution working depend upon anything outside of my control? If so to what degree? If to a large degree could the solution be classed as high risk?