How To Both Unwind And Boost Your Creativity
If there’s one thing that stifles creativity it’s stress. When we are stressed our concentration, memory and ability to deal with things all diminishes and everything begins to feel like a burden, even fun creative pastimes. In order to reduce stress, thereby boosting your creativity and getting the most out of your free time try these stress busting activities to help you unwind and regain your equilibrium.
- Plan a time management strategy and write it into your diary (you will feel more in control)
- Tidy your surroundings, making for a more calm environment
- Take the evening off all activities
- One minute of slow, deep breaths
- Mindfulness meditation
- Positive visualization of goals
- Light candles and listen to soothing music
- Call or see friends
- Read a fiction novel
- Watch your favorite comedy
- Indulge in creative interests
- Spend quality time with your pet
- Bubble bath or hot shower
- Early night’s sleep or lay in
If you think you may be suffering with stress, please read ‘Tis the season to be stressed; How to leave stress behind you for good’ which stands true whatever the time of year.
What is your favorite thing to do to relax? Do you have any relaxing activities that aren’t on the list? Which activities from the list would you like to try the next time you are stressed? Please share your thoughts in the comments below to gain encouragement, insight and support from our community, we’d love to hear from you.
Following using psychology to transform my life, I founded Accessible Psychology to help empower others to live the life they long for. My journey is living testimony that no matter where you are, absolutely everyone can apply psychology in order to lead more fulfilling lives.
Oh and I love Oprah, Marie Forleo, Tony Robbins and lovely people like you!