One of the easiest ways to do a life audit is to just ask yourself ten questions for each area of your life and then give yourself a score to find out how to rate yourself.
Below I’ve outlined ten questions for the friends and family life area so you can easily assess where you’re currently at – simply give yourself a score out of ten for each question with one being awful and ten being excellent, with no room for improvement.
- How vulnerable and authentic do you allow yourself to be around your friends and family? (Scoring: very vulnerable = 10, not vulnerable at all = 1)
- How happy are you with how many close friends you have?
- How happy are you with how often you text, call or see friends?
- How happy are you with how often you text, call or see family?
- How happy are you with the quality of your friendships?
- How happy are you with the quality of your family relationships?
- Do you actively listen to your friends and family?
- Do you empathize with your friends and family?
- Are you quick to apologize to your friends and family?
- Are you quick to forgive your friends and family?
Now add up your total score. Below is the scoring key:
1-10 = 1 mark out of 10 (poor)
11-20 = 2 marks out of 10
21-30 = 3 marks out of 10
31-40 = 4 marks out of 10
41-50 = 5 marks out of 10
51-60 = 6 marks out of 10
61-70 = 7 marks out of 10
71-80 = 8 marks out of 10
81-90 = 9 marks out of 10
91-100 = 10 marks out of 10 (amazing)
Crystal Clear Questions
Do you forgive easily? For a more in-depth look at what it means to truly forgive someone, please read my article titled ‘How to liberate yourself by overcoming the 3 blocks to forgiveness’.
For more on the top qualities which dramatically improve your relationship with family and friends I highly recommend you read my articles around these areas…
Friendships = Please read my article titled ‘Why building strong friendships is important for our health’
Family = Please read my article titled ‘The 10 key behaviors that will ensure strong family bonds over the holidays’
Did you read my articles around friendships and family bonds? What did you score yourself in this area and why? What do you think, if anything, you could improve upon? Please share your thoughts in the comments below to gain encouragement, support and insight from our community, we’d love to hear from you.
Following using psychology to transform my life, I founded Accessible Psychology to help empower others to live the life they long for. My journey is living testimony that no matter where you are, absolutely everyone can apply psychology in order to lead more fulfilling lives.
Oh and I love Oprah, Marie Forleo, Tony Robbins and lovely people like you!