20 Playful And Immersive Activities Which Will Boost Your Lust For Life
Recent studies by Dr. Brown, founder of the National Institute for Play, have revealed that play leads to greater light-heartedness, empathy, flexibility, adaptiveness, optimism, hope for the future and produces a sense of belonging. Play even promotes our being open to new ideas and increases our creativity. In light of this I’ve compiled a top twenty list of fun and playful activities that will hopefully inspire you to begin to prioritize play in your life.
- Have a bubbles blowing competition – the biggest one wins!
- Dance – a lot
- Watch stand up comedy
- Have a water fight
- Do karaoke or sing along to your favourite CD / song on the radio
- Pop bubble wrap
- Go on a swing
- Skip along the street for fun
- Knitting / sewing
- Mosaics (mirrors, tables, pots)
- Country drives and tea shop breaks
- Picnics in the park with music
- Playing fetch with your dog
- Getting a piggy back ride from a friend down the street
- Going to a market, looking at trinkets and stopping for food
- Going to an immersive cinema experience
- Going to an immersive theatre experience
In reality this list is just the tip of the iceberg and there are many more playful pastimes out there. Can you spot any I have missed out? What do you find enjoyable, fun and immersive? Please share your thoughts in the comments below to gain encouragement, support and insight from our community, we’d love to hear from you.
Following using psychology to transform my life, I founded Accessible Psychology to help empower others to live the life they long for. My journey is living testimony that no matter where you are, absolutely everyone can apply psychology in order to lead more fulfilling lives.
Oh and I love Oprah, Marie Forleo, Tony Robbins and lovely people like you!