Here are just some of my top tips for meeting a partner, all the way from the wonderful to the weird. Please note these tips are for building a genuine connection with someone in a meaningful way and do not point towards ways to simply ‘pick someone up’.
My therapist also said that she advised someone to join a club and shortly after she met someone and now they are happily married – so if that isn’t a good indication that special interest groups can be great places to meet people for those who are reluctant to do online dating I don’t know what is. Here are my top tips for meeting a partner, listed below…
- Join a special interest group like a gardening club, book club, cookery class or even creative writing class
- Join eHarmony (one of the more expensive dating sites but by far the best)
- Do charity volunteering work
- Go to singles nights
- Go to meet up groups, you can even get special interest ones now
- Go to sporting events
- Go to concerts
- Join a choir or learn an instrument in a group setting
- Faith based singles events
- Church / mosque / temple groups
Do any of these ideas appeal to you? What type of special interest clubs do you think you might join? Please share your thoughts in the comments below to gain encouragement, insight and support from our community, we’d love to hear from you.
Following using psychology to transform my life, I founded Accessible Psychology to help empower others to live the life they long for. My journey is living testimony that no matter where you are, absolutely everyone can apply psychology in order to lead more fulfilling lives.
Oh and I love Oprah, Marie Forleo, Tony Robbins and lovely people like you!